This recipe was a finalist in the Plugrá Magnifique Recipe Contest.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 4 ounces granulated sugar
- 16 ounces chopped brioche bread, 1/4-inch size (1 day old)
- 8 ounces Plugrá® European-Style Butter, Unsalted, melted
- 3 ounces brown sugar
- Vanilla Butter Sauce
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound Plugrá® European-Style Butter, unsalted, softened
- 1 Combine heavy cream, half-and-half, and granulated sugar and set aside.
- 2 Place chopped bread in buttered baking dish.
- 3 Pour prepared liquid mixture over brad and let soak for 1 hour.
- 4 Combine melted Plugrá Butter and brown sugar, set aside.
- 5 Bake at 375°F, covered, in a water bath for 1 hour. After 30 minutes of baking, brush top with melted Plugrá butter and brown sugar mixture. Continue baking for remaining 30 minutes.
- 6 Vanilla Butter Sauce: In a small saucepan, combine white wine, sugar, and vanilla bean. Simmer to half, add heavy cream and reduce by half again.Immediately beat in half the Plugrá Butter to form a creamy paste. Over low heat, continue beating in a piece of butter at a time just as the previous piece is almost fully incorporated. The sauce should have the consistency of a light hollandaise sauce.