This may sound like an unlikely combination, but it’s unbelievably delicious. Makes a marvelous side dish for those holiday dinners.
Click here to watch Chef Cari make this recipe in her latest episode of 90 Seconds in the Kitchen.
Why Try? You’re always trying to make vegetables more interesting and appealing, right?
- 20 ounces Brussels sprouts, stems trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings (6 ounces bacon, cooked)
- 4 carrots, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium canned chicken broth
- Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 In a skillet fry bacon and reserve 2 tablespoons bacon drippings.
- 2 Remove bacon from skillet. Add Brussels sprouts and carrots to the bacon drippings and sauté until sprouts start to turn golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- 3 Add raisins and chicken broth; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are tender when pierced, about 12 minutes.
- 4 Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.