Buffalo Chicken Breast Sandwiches recipe, The folks in Buffalo (and everywhere else) are gonna love these.
This recipe courtesy of The NFL Gameday Cookbook by Ray “Dr. BBQ” Lampe, Chronicle Books, 2008.
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- Your favorite barbecue rub
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) butter, melted
- 6 sandwich rolls
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped celery cheese
- 1 Prepare the grill for cooking over direct medium-high heat. Season the chicken breasts lightly with the rub. Grill for about 5 minutes per side, or to an internal temperature of 160°F. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- 2 In a medium bowl, mix together the hot sauce and melted butter. Dip each chicken breast in the hot sauce mixture and transfer it to a rack to drain for just a minute. Transfer the chicken to the rolls and top each with an equal portion of the cheese and celery.
- 3 Makes 6 sandwiches.