This spicy buffalo chicken recipe was created by Beth Durnell, of Columbus, Ohio, who won a finalist spot in the 44th Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest (2010).
Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury
Read our feature story to learn how you can enter your recipe in the 45th Pillsbury Bake-Off.
- 12 ounces cream cheese (from two 8-ounce packages), softened
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce or other red pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) Pillsbury® Place ’N Bake® refrigerated crescent
- rounds (16 rounds) or 2 cans (8 ounces each) Pillsbury® refrigerated
- crescent dinner rolls
- 1/3 cup LAND O LAKES® Unsalted or Salted Butter, melted
- 1 cup Progresso® Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Line cookie sheet with sides with waxed paper or cooking parchment paper. In medium bowl, mix cream cheese and pepper sauce. Stir in blue cheese and celery. Stir in chicken until well blended. Shape mixture by tablespoonfuls into 32 (1 1/2-inch) balls; place on cookie sheet. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- 2 Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. If using crescent rounds, remove from package, but do not separate rounds. If using crescent rolls, remove from package, but do not unroll. Using serrated knife, cut each roll evenly into 16 rounds; carefully separate rounds. Press each round to 3 inches in diameter. Place chilled chicken mixture ball on center of each dough round; shape dough around ball to cover completely.
- 3 In shallow dish, place melted butter. In another shallow dish, place bread crumbs. Dip dough balls into butter, then roll in bread crumbs. Place 2 inches apart on large ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Serve warm.