This savory salmon paté makes for an outstanding appetizer.
Why Try? Paté is a sophisticated alternative when you want to showcase a great appetizer.
- 1 pound smoked salmon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced chervil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
- Rye crackers or toast points as needed
- 1 In a large bowl, flake smoked salmon.
- 2 Add melted butter, shallots, chives, chervil, mayonnaise, ground mustard, lemon juice, and white pepper.
- 3 Season with salt to taste; stir until well combined.
- 4 Pour patè into a serving dish or individual ramekins and smooth with a back of a spoon.
- 5 Refrigerate until the paté is firm.
- 6 Serve with rye crackers or toast points.