Authentic, Lousiana, Cajun Frog Legs!
In certain parts of the country, frog legs are a delicacy. When marinated and seasoned right, these delicate portions are spicy, delicious and perfect for your weekly date night.
Want to see how it’s done? Click here to see the how-to video.
This recipe is in conjunction with a delicious date night meal. To see the rest of this three-course meal, click the links below:
- 12 individual frog legs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 1 If necessary, with a sharp knife, separate each pair of frog legs into two individual legs.
- 2 In a plastic container with a lid, add the frog legs and buttermilk along with the Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine and submerge the frog legs
- 3 Seal the container and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 4 In a colander over the sink, empty the frog legs into the colander and let the buttermilk mixture strain off. Transfer the still-soaked frog legs to a platter and sprinkle with more Cajun seasoning.
- 5 In a large mixing bowl, add the flour along with the Cajun seasoning and garlic powder. Mix well.
- 6 Add the frog legs to the flour mixture and coat. Move the frog legs to a platter.
- 7 Preferred to use an electric deep fryer or you can use a large black iron skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and peanut oil. Once the temperature reaches 350ºF add the first batch of frog legs. Fry until golden brown and remove to a paper towel-lined platter. Keep warm while you finish frying the rest of the frog legs.
- 8 Serve with your favorite side. Treat this like fried chicken wings