The perfect recipe for the perfect fish. Try out this spiced salmon fillet to kick your taste buds into the next gear.
Cooked to perfection and just enough spice to grab your attention, this salmon fillet is full of flavor and sure to make a wonderful dinner for you and a friend/loved one.
- (2) 6 ounce wild salmon filets, about ½” thick
- (2) tbl. Barbàra Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced crosswise
- Cajun Seasoning Mix
- 1 Place salmon fillets, skin side down, on a foil lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle Cajun Seasoning equally over both fillets and rub into the fish. *You may have a little seasoning left over.
- 2 Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the salmon filets (skin side down/seasoned side up), and cook for approximately 5 minutes until the bottom of the salmon is cooked and you can easily separate the skin from the fish with a spatula. Discard skins.
- 3 Return the partially cooked salmon to the foil lined baking sheet, seasoned side up. Top with 2-3 thin slices of lemon.
- 4 Broil salmon in a pre-heated oven (upper rack; leave oven cracked open) for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned and fish is just cooked through. *Do not overcook!
- 5 Serve with a side of broccoli florets steamed over boiling water for approximately 2-3 minutes until crisp tender. Toss with extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice to taste.