Rich golden caramelized honey sauce infused with the flavors of rich dark brown sugar, vanilla, chunky pieces of toasted walnuts and golden coins of crystallized ginger. Tastes wonderful drizzled over French toast or waffles!
Why Try? Caramelizing honey adds rich deep flavor notes to this chunky walnut ginger honey sauce. Serve drizzled over fresh fruit salad or yogurt, swirl into oatmeal or granola, drizzle over pound cake, spoon over vanilla ice cream or spread on toasted thick sliced breakfast bread or warm muffins.
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup crystallized ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Combine honey and brown sugar in small nonstick saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until honey has dark amber color. Remove from heat.
- 2 Add walnuts, ginger and vanilla extract; stir to blend. Cool.
- 3 Transfer to containers and seal. Refrigerate.