Another spicy Caribbean-style favorite from Chef Ace Champion. These Caribbean Garlic Green Beans are lightly tossed in butter and cooked lightly so they maintain some crunch, as well as nutritional value and texture. Chef uses Slap ‘Ya Mamma hot Cajun spice from Louisiana for that added heat. You can learn more about it here.
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and washed, with ends removed
- 1-1/2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean Seasoning
- 2 large garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Using large skillet; heat butter until nice and hot on a medium-high heat.
- 2 Place green beans into pan and toss lightly so all beans are coated in the butter. Cook for 1 minute, then season with Slap Yo Mama Seasoning.
- 3 Cook for another 2 minutes. Taste the beans and add seasoning according to your taste.
- 4 Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until slightly softened.
- 5 Note: Cook the green beans lightly so they maintain a good crunch, as well as national value and texture.