Cheesy Bacon Potatoes Recipe. This recipe goes great with any main course, but it’s especially good with ham.
Recipe courtesy of Kraft
Per Serving: Calories 190, Total fat 13 g, Saturated fat 8 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 280 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g, Dietary fiber 1 g, Protein 6 g, Vitamin A 10 %DV, Vitamin C 15 %DV, Calcium 15 %DV, Iron 0 %DV
SERVING SUGGESTION: Try serving this potato side dish with a crisp, mixed green salad or cooked green vegetable and a serving of cooked lean fish, meat or poultry.
SHORTCUT: This recipe works equally well with any type of mashed potatoes, whether you mash your own from cooked fresh potatoes or use one of the already prepared mashed potato products available in your supermarket. Look for already prepared mashed potatoes in either the dairy or meat case, or in the frozen food section. Or prepare the mashed potatoes yourself using one of the many packaged mixes available in the potato/pasta section.
- 4 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 1 container (8 ounces) BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 6 slices OSCAR MAYER Center Cut Bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 MIX all ingredients until well blended.
- 2 SUBSTITUTE: 1/4 cup OSCAR MAYER Real Bacon Pieces or Bits for the cooked and crumbled bacon slices.