This recipe is tangy and colorful. Great for a holiday meal.
Per Serving: Calories 90, Total fat 2 g, Saturated fat 2 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 60 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Dietary fiber 0 g, Sugars 15 g, Protein 1 g, Vitamin A 4 %DV, Vitamin C 10 %DV, Calcium 0 %DV, Iron 0 %DV
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8-serving size) JELL-O Cherry Flavor Gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup cold pomegranate
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin orange segments, drained
- 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 STIR boiling water into dry gelatin mix in 2-qt. serving bowl at least 2 min. until completely dissolved.
- 2 Stir in cold water and juice. Refrigerate 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until thickened (spoon drawn through leaves definite impression).
- 3 STIR in oranges. Refrigerate 30 min. or until gelatin is set but not firm (gelatin should stick to finger when touched and should mound).
- 4 Combine whipped topping and spices; spoon over gelatin.
- 5 SPECIAL EXTRA: Stir 1 tablespoon grated orange peel into the gelatin mixture along with the oranges.
- 6 VARIATION: Prepare as directed, using 1 package (8-serving size) or 2 packages (4-serving size each) JELL-O Cranberry Gelatin and/or substituting orange juice for the pomegranate juice.
- 7 NOTE: Save 45 calories per serving by preparing with JELL-O Cherry Flavor Sugar Free Gelatin and COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping.