Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Present the tomato-bell pepper mixture and grilled shrimp in pretty bowls on a platter, and surround with the grilled bread, allowing guests to assemble their own bruschetta.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
Calories: 102 Fat, Total: 5g Carbohydrates, Total: 11g
Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 84mg Protein: 3g
Fiber: 1g % Cal. from Fat: 44% % Cal. from Carbs: 43%
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 13-ounce bag cherry tomatoes, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons (about) extra-virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 24 large uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined
- Additional extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 10-ounce baguette, cut diagonally into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 1 Char bell peppers over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides, turning frequently. Transfer peppers to bowl. Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- 2 Peel, seed and cut peppers into 1/4-inch pieces. Place peppers in medium bowl. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- 3 Mix tomatoes, basil, minced garlic and 1 tablespoon olive oil into bell pepper mixture. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- 4 For added tang, add a splash of balsamic vinegar, if desired. (Can be made 4 hours ahead.) Cover and refrigerate. Let stand at room temperature.
- 5 Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Lightly brush 24 shrimp with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill shrimp just until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- 6 Cut shrimp in half lengthwise. Transfer to bowl; keep warm.
- 7 Brush baguette slices with enough remaining oil to coat lightly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill bread until lightly charred, about 1 minute per side.
- 8 Mound 2 tablespoons tomato-bell pepper mixture atop each baguette slice. Top with shrimp. Transfer to platter and serve immediately.