The semi-sweet chocolate chips add the perfect amount of depth to what is normally a very sweet pie, giving it the seductive sweetness of melted chocolate, with bourbon adding a rich and delicious flavor. Don’t settle for store-bought or mediocre pies—this recipe will steal the show at your next party.
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Madagascar vanilla bean paste, or vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet baking chips
- 1 pie shell, 9-in deep dish pie plate
- 1 Roll out pre-made dough to fit a 9-inch deep pie plate. Transfer pastry to the pie plate and trim and flute edges.
- 2 Partially bake the pie shell for 10 minutes at 325F, remove and allow to cool.
- 3 In a large bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, bourbon, butter, and salt together. Mix well.
- 4 Fold in 1 cup pecans and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- 5 Bake at 325F for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and filling is set.
- 6 Cool completely on a wire rack, allow to rest for at least 2 hours before cutting.