The chocolate lovers in your life will be delighted with these edible gifts!
Recipe courtesy of Gifts from the Kitchen (Parragon Books).
Also see our review and links to other recipes.
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 12-cup muffin tin by greasing and adding paper liners.
- 2 In an electric mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
- 3 Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture and buttermilk to mixing bowl alternating - start and end with flour. Mix in the chocolate chips by hand.
- 4 Pour mixed batter into prepared cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes, then release from cupcake tin and cool completely on wire rack. Serve as is or frost with icing.