Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe. This traditional Irish favorite is a one pot, complete meal that is so easy to prepare.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®
Fat: 25 g,
Carbohydrates: 19 g,
Cholesterol: 119 mg,,
Sodium: 1349 mg,
Fiber: 5 g,
Protein: 23 g,
- 1 corned beef brisket, trimmed (3 pounds)
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Mixed Pickling Spice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic, Minced
- 8 small red potatoes
- 2 cups baby carrots or 8 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small head cabbage, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- 1 Place brisket in 6-quart saucepot or Dutch oven. Cover with about 2 quarts water.
- 2 Add onion, pickling spice and garlic; cover.
- 3 Bring just to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 2 hours. (Do not boil.)
- 4 Add potatoes and carrots; simmer 30 minutes longer.
- 5 Add cabbage; simmer 15 minutes longer.
- 6 Remove brisket and vegetables from saucepot.
- 7 Slice brisket across the grain. Mix butter and parsley; brush on vegetables.