This is a delightfully flavorful way to serve zucchini. After an easy prep just pop them in the oven and 30 minutes later they are ready to serve! One can substitute ham for the prosciutto and your family favorite cheese for the mozzarella; a wonderful way to make it your own special family favorite recipe!
- 4 small zucchini
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 4 slices mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4-5 basil leaves
- 1 Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2 Make three slices lengthwise along the zucchini being careful not to slice all the way through.
- 3 Cut mozzarella slices into thirds and place a piece of cheese into each opening in the zucchini.
- 4 Cut prosciutto slices in half and add one piece next to each mozzarella slice.
- 5 Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- 6 Make a loose tent around each zucchini with aluminum foil and bake for 30-35 minutes.