Mouthwatering Crunchy Tollhouse Loaf Cake has the perfect amount of nuts in the crispy topping.
This chocolaty dessert is transformed into a great snack with a cup of coffee in the morning or waiting for the kids after school. So, essentially, we love it any time of day.
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
For the Topping
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts of your choice
- 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
For the Cake
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter or margarine, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon each baking soda and baking powder
- 1 Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Grease a 9-inch bread loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- 2 In a small bowl, blend all topping ingredients together well and set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, or use a hand held mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- 3 On low speed, beat in milk, egg, and vanilla until well incorporated. In a separate bowl. combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder together.
- 4 Slowly add to butter mixture, beating until blended well. Pour into prepared pan, evenly divide the topping over the top and bake 40-45 minutes, or until cake bounces back when touched in the center or a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 5 Remove from oven to cool slightly before running a knife around to edge and transferring to a rack or plate to cool completely. Or you can enjoy this luscious cake warm.