Ideal for a weekend brunch or light supper, this colorful tart will impress your guests. Surprise, it’s also packed with antioxidants! Add whole wheat muffins and a fruit salad for a perfectly easy menu.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving): Calories: 194, Fat: 10 g, Carbohydrates: 11 g, Cholesterol: 163 mg, Sodium: 444 mg, Fiber: 2 g, Protein: 15 g.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Curry Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Sea Salt using McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Red Pepper, Ground
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from skillet. Cool slightly.
- 2 Mix milk and flour in large bowl with wire whisk until smooth. Add eggs, egg whites, curry powder, sea salt, garlic powder and ground red pepper; whisk until smooth. Add cooled onion, spinach and ricotta cheese; mix well. Pour into 9-inch deep dish pie plate sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 3 Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden brown and center is set. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into serving-size pieces.