Just in time for some fun holiday baking with the kids (of any age!). Pillsbury has declared December 12, 2015 the first ever National Cookie Decorating Day, and these adorable reindeer cookies can be made with only three steps: bake the cookies, melt the candy coating and dip the cookies, then decorate the cookies–that’s all it takes to create something delicious and perfect for the holiday season. And no one says you can’t add something red to turn one of your reindeer into Rudolf!
Cookie and photo used by permission. Click here for more holiday cookie recipes.
- 1 package (16 oz.) Pillsbury™ Ready to Bake!™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 10-oz. chocolate candy coating, cut into pieces (from 20-oz. package)
- 24 small white fudge-covered pretzels, halved (from 5-oz. bag)
- 48 candy eyeballs
- 24 chocolate-covered creamy mint candies (from 1.84-oz. box)
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets; shape each cookie into oval (do not flatten).
- 3 Bake 11 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- 4 Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
- 5 Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- 6 Melt candy coating as directed on package.
- 7 Working with one cookie at a time, dip top of cookie into melted candy coating, letting excess drip off.
- 8 Place 2 pretzel halves on top of cookie for antlers, 2 candy eyeballs for eyes and 1 mint candy for nose.
- 9 Repeat with remaining cookies.
- 10 Store in airtight container.