Dr. Ruby’s Raw Banana Cream Pudding is perfect for healthy eating–and great for using up leftover fruit.
For video to see how to make this pudding, click here.
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1 medjool date
- 2 tablespoons golden flax seeds (grounded into meal)
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked for 2 to 24 hours and drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon raw coconut nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large bananas
- 1/2-3/4 cup blueberries
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 4 strawberries, quartered
- 1/8 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Put all crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse until all ingredients are well incorporated and mixture is moist.
- 2 Set crust mixture aside.
- 3 Put all cream ingredients into a blender and blend until mixture is smooth like cream. Add a dash or two of water if needed, but not more. Mixture should be thick. It will thicken a bit more once refrigerated.
- 4 In six small (6-7 ounce) bowls (or use single glass dish, approximately 1 quart) scoop 1-2 tablespoons of crust mixture into bowl and firmly press down, molding mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- 5 Begin layering, staring with 1 layer of cream, then sliced bananas completely cover cream, and sprinkle with blueberries; repeat the layers starting with the cream.
- 6 Add a final large dollop of cream and sprinkle with coconut; garnish with strawberries.
- 7 Let refrigerate for at least 1 hour until completely chilled. Serve cold.
- 8 Note: cream will turn a slightly tan color due to the bananas – this is to be expected.