This recipe takes advantage of many convenience products such as pre-washed lettuce, salad dressings and roast chicken found in the deli section of supermarkets.
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Calories: 1568 Fat, Total: 137g Carbohydrates, Total: 26g
Cholesterol: 331mg Sodium: 2201mg Protein: 63g
Fiber: 7g % Cal. from Fat: 79% % Cal. from Carbs: 7%
- 1 pound thick sliced bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- One 15-ounce jar chilled blue cheese dressing
- One 12-ounce bottle French vinaigrette
- 8 ounces trimmed romaine lettuce, thinly sliced (12 cups packed)
- 1 large roast chicken (28 ounces), skinned, boned, diced (about 4 cups)
- 13-ounces cherry tomatoes, halved (2 cups)
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 3 ripe avocados, halved, peeled, pitted, diced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, chopped
- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 1 Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels; drain. Mix both dressings in medium bowl. Set bacon and dressing aside.
- 2 Arrange lettuce on large platter. Top with bacon, chicken, tomatoes, cheese, avocados, eggs, and green onions in alternating strips atop lettuce.
- 3 DO-AHEAD TIP: Dressing can be made 1 week ahead. Cover; chill. Salad can be made 4 hours ahead. Squeeze some lemon juice over the avocado to prevent it from browning, then cover the salad with plastic wrap; chill.
- 4 OPTIONS: Mix 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or chives into dressing before using.
- 5 NOTE: This salad is so versatile, that if you like seafood, you can replace the chicken with cooked shrimp or crabmeat and omit the blue cheese. And for the dressing, substitute refrigerated thousand island (found in the produce section of the market near the bagged lettuce) for the blue cheese. Make it spicy by adding hot pepper sauce to taste.