Eggplant Parmesan is an Italian classic, so it follows that on the island of Sicily this classic dish is popular. Eszter Vajda, from You, Me, and Sicily, shares her version, using only the freshest local ingredients.
This recipe is even better if you cover it in a Sicilian tomato sauce. Luckily, Alfred, from You, Me, and Sicily, was kind enough to share his family recipe with The Food Channel, here.
Eszter and Alfred combine this dish with the Sicilian sauce to create a wonder entree that anyone can enjoy. To see the full video, simply follow the link, here.
- 3 medium male (no seeds) eggplants
- Pasta sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- 1 Slice eggplants to no more than 1/4-inch thick.
- 2 Drizzle olive oil on cookie sheet place eggplants on sheet then sprinkle with olive oil.
- 3 Bake on 400 F degrees for 30 minutes or until fork soft and remove from oven.
- 4 Ladle sauce on bottom of baking or ceramic pan
- 5 Place ﬁrst level of eggplant, ladle sauce liberally and sprinkle cheese on top.
- 6 Add next level of baked eggplant and cover with sauce and cheese
- 7 Bake for 35-45 minutes and enjoy.