This recipe features the perfect egg salad, without the eggs! Try out this egg salad using coconut meat and other special ingredients for the yolk. It won’t disappoint you and it’s incredibly healthy.
To watch Dr. Ruby’s latest episode of the Veggie Chest as she prepares this recipe, click here.
- 1 and 1/2 cups coconut meat, diced small
- 1 avocado, peeled, diced large
- 1 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard (made w/apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon, powdered mustard
- 1 teaspoon, dried dill
- 1 teaspoon, celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 Roughly chop coconut meat into approximately 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 Mix in all ingredients, except the avocado, until well blended.
- 3 Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- 4 Gently mix in avocado until well coated.
- 5 Serve immediately.
- 6 Keeps up to 3 days.
- 7 Serving suggestions: on bed mixed greens, on a gluten-free roll/bun, with sliced red/yellow bell pepper, with raw or gluten-free crackers.