Game Day’s upon us! Our friends at Bernzomatic have partnered with pro football player Nick Mangold of the New York Jets to create three recipes for your watch party with an added pro edge—finishing them with the flair and drama of a Bernzomatic TS4000.
This recipe for Flaming Bourbon BBQ Ribs will be an instant fan favorite. Find other recipes in this series by clicking below:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons salt
- 1.5 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1.5 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
Garnish and Bourbon Finish
- As desired chiffonade scallion
- 1.5 ounces bourbon (your favorite)
- 1 Combine all ingredients in small sauce pot and simmer over low heat for 30 mins.
- 2 Prep and Finish
- 3 Liberally season ribs with dry rub then wrap in foil and roast in a preheated 300-degree oven for 2.5 hours.
- 4 Remove from oven and allow the ribs to rest in foil for 30 minutes.
- 5 Open foil and brush ribs with BBQ sauce then bake for 20 minutes.
- 6 Slice ribs and plate in cast iron pan then pour bourbon over and ignite with Bernzomatic TS4000 High Heat Torch and serve.