Sometimes we need something sweet and spicy for the perfect topping. At the Food Channel, we love making fresh garden peach salsa to put on top of grilled chicken or any protein of your choice! This salsa is sweet on your taste buds and packed full of daily nutrients.
Want to see more? Watch Chef Cari Martens make the colorful salsa in 90 Seconds in the Kitchen’s video Garden Peach Salsa.
- 3 peaches
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Poach fresh peaches in boiling water.
- 2 Peel them, slice off the sides, dice, and place them into a medium-sized bowl.
- 3 Add diced bell pepper, diced red onion, and minced jalapeno to the bowl.
- 4 Score ripe avocado and scoop the chunks into the bowl.
- 5 Squeeze fresh lime over the top.
- 6 Season with fresh garlic, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 7 Mix well and enjoy!