Gingerbread Bars with Cream Cheese Icing Recipe. Gingerbread – that timeless hallmark of the holidays – is delicious in these Gingerbread Bars with Cream Cheese Icing.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
Nutritional Information: Per One Serving: 131 Calories, Sodium 117mg, Fat 7g, Carbohydrates 16g, Cholesterol 28mg, Fiber 0g, Protein 1g.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9-inch baking pan with foil.
- 2 Spray foil with no stick cooking spray.
- 3 Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 4 Beat butter and 3/4 cup of the sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 5 Beat in egg until well blended.
- 6 Gradually beat in flour mixture until well mixed.
- 7 Stir in molasses and water just until blended.
- 8 Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- 9 Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth.
- 10 Beat in remaining 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- 11 Reserve 1/2 cup of the icing; refrigerate remaining icing.
- 12 Spoon dollops (about 1 teaspoon each) of the reserved icing over batter in pan.
- 13 With knife or spatula, swirl icing through batter to marbleize.
- 14 Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 15 Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- 16 Lift out of pan using foil.
- 17 Cool completely on wire rack.
- 18 Invert and peel off foil.
- 19 Spread refrigerated icing over bars.
- 20 Cut into bars.
- 21 Store in refrigerator.