Gingerbread Cake Recipe. Try your hand at this timeless classic, and you’ll see why gingerbread has endured as a favorite recipe for centuries.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 280, Fat: 8 g, Carbohydrates: 49 g, Cholesterol: 38 mg, Sodium: 222 mg, Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 3 g.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ginger, Ground
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 cup boiling water
- Whipped cream (optional)
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Stir flour, baking powder, ginger, baking soda and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- 2 Beat butter, sugar and molasses in large bowl.
- 3 Mix in egg.
- 4 Add flour mixture alternately with water, stirring just until blended.
- 5 Pour into greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- 6 Bake 40 minutes.
- 7 Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- 8 Invert cake onto wire rack to cool completely.
- 9 Serve with whipped cream, if desired.