Taking Tiramisu to a level where children would enjoy it is simple. These cookies are sticky, sweet and perfect to share as everyone gathers around the table loosening their belts.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each cinnamon and dried, ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules or powdered espresso
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Tiramisu Dip ingredients
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated skim (fat-free) milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Spray 2 large cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- 3 In a medium bowl, blend flour, baking powder, spices and baking soda; set aside.
- 4 In a medium saucepan, add the next 4 ingredients and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 5 Once boiling, and butter has completely melted, turn heat off but leave on burner, stirring to combine.
- 6 Sift the flour mixture into molasses mixture along with vanilla, whisking until smooth.
- 7 Drop by the tablespoonful onto prepared pans, leaving 3-inches between mounds.
- 8 Bake 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are darker than the center, and the center springs back when touched. Immediately remove from oven to cool 3 minutes before transferring cookies to rack to completely cool.
- 9 Meanwhile, with an electric mixer, make Tiramisu Dip.
- 10 Combine all ingredients and beat until light and fluffy.
- 11 Keep refrigerated when not using.