Another scrumptious recipe, this time for a Glorioso Peach Sundae, from Executive Chef and Restauranteur Lisa Dahl – one of Sedona, Arizona’s leading chefs. For more than 2 decades, Chef Dahl has focused on using organic, health-conscious ingredients – a perfect fit for the ambiance that is Sedona.
Instead of using apples and cinnamon for a Brown Betty, Dahl makes peaches the star of this dish, and completes with vanilla-bean gelato, a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic reduction, with molten peaches around the side and Italian Amaretto cookies crumbled on top.
- 1 firm but ripe organic peach
- 1-2 scoops vanilla bean gelato
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon high-quality balsamic reduction
- Amaretto cookies, or favorite Italian cookie crumbled (for gluten-free omit)
- 1 This recipe is one of my favorites when peaches are at the height of the season. Be sure to not use peaches that are overly ripe, you want them firm and fragrant but easy to cut.
- 1 Cut peach into 6 slices. Lightly spray peaches with olive oil to prevent sticking. Feel free to use a cast iron grill pan if needed (make sure pan is well heated).
- 1 Grill peach slices over medium flame to get a nice marking. With tongs, carefully flip until peaches are soft with grill marks. The key to this dish is a grill surface that is nice and hot without scorching the peaches.
- 1 Scoop 1 or 2 scoops of your favorite vanilla bean gelato into the center of a favorite bowl. Arrange peaches in a sunflower shape around the mound.
- 2 Pour olive oil over gelato and drizzle edges of peaches with balsamic reduction. To finish, crumble Italian cookies over dessert for that added crunch and enjoy the pure ecstasy from the simplicity of grilled summer flavors.