Fire up the grill for a cauliflower pasta that will complement any cookout. Lightly charring the cauliflower on the grill adds wonderful smoky flavor and gives the dish a truly satisfying texture.
Shared by Pasta Fits, the National Pasta Association.
- 4 ounces medium shells
- 6 cups / 1.5 pounds cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika, smoked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup / 6 ounces tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup / 1.5 ounces red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Garnish lemon wedges
- 2 tablespoons / 1 ounce tahini paste
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch each salt, pepper, cayenne pepper
- 1 Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2 Meanwhile: preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Toss together cauliflower, oil, thyme, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Grill, turning occasionally, for 8 to 12 minutes or until tender and lightly charred.
- 3 Lemon-Tahini Dressing: stir tahini paste, gradually adding lemon juice and water until smooth. Stir in garlic, cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- 4 In a large bowl, combine pasta and cauliflower; toss with dressing. Stir in tomatoes, onion and parsley. Serve with lemon wedges. Add chopped cucumbers and olives to salad if desired.