Fresh picked summer corn on the cob gets a kick of smoky chipotle spice.
Why Try? Grilled corn is easier than you think and the chipotle lime flavored butter sends it over the top.
- 2 teaspoons chipotle Chile powder
- 6 ears of corn, husks intact
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- Zest of two limes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3 quartered limes
- 1 Peel back the husk of the ears of corn, leaving the base intact. Pull out the silk strands and discard. Lay back the husks into place and place all the ears of corn in water to cover for at least 20 minutes.
- 2 Meanwhile, combine butter, chipotle Chile powder, lime zest, and salt.
- 3 Preheat grill to 350°F.
- 4 When corn has soaked, pull back husks and apply flavored butter with a knife, small spatula, or a pastry brush, and push back husks.
- 5 Grill corn for 10 minutes with grill closed. Turn and grill another 5 minutes or until husks are darkly colored and corn kernels are tender. Serve.