Infused with the smoky flavors of an outdoor grill, this garlic bread makes a delicious accompaniment to grilled chicken or steak. Or just about anything!
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 5 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1-pound loaf French bread, cut crosswise into 1 1/4-inch slices
- 1 Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill.
- 2 In a small bowl, stir together the butter, garlic, salt and parsley. Using a basting brush, brush the mixture evenly on both sides of the bread slices.
- 3 Place the bread in a mesh grill basket and grill, turning once, until the edges of the bread are dark brown and crisp, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- 4 Remove the bread from the grill basket and serve immediately.