This spicy-fresh Vietnamese sandwich layers thin slices of tender marinated grilled pork tenderloin with crunchy pickled veggies, fresh-cut jalapeno, thin ribbons of cucumber and spicy chile mayo on a French baguette. Banh Mi perfection crafted in the Food Channel’s very own kitchen!
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup thin-sliced yellow onion
- 4 French baguettes/rolls, partially split lengthwise for sandwiches
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Asian chili garlic sauce (or sriracha)
- 1 (1 1/2 lb.) grilled pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 1 small English cucumber, sliced into thin ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- As needed, fresh Thai basil (optional)
- As needed, fresh cilantro
- As needed, best quality soy sauce
- 1 Toss carrots and onion with seasoned rice vinegar; let stand for 30 minutes. Drain. (Pickled carrots & yellow onions can be made ahead and refrigerated.)
- 2 Spread mayonnaise and chili garlic sauce over cut sides of each roll; top with cucumber, pork tenderloin, pickled carrots & onions and sliced jalapeno.
- 3 Garnish each sandwich with Thai basil, cilantro and a shake of soy sauce. Fold each sandwich closed.