Grilled sea scallops, papaya and persimmon are finished with a tropical-flavored avocado oil accented with dill, coriander and lime.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
This recipe is the result of flavor studies showing new trends in pairings. Read more about how the flavor forecast pairings are chosen.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 338 Calories, Fat 18g, Protein 19g, Carbohydrates 25g, Cholesterol 36mg, Sodium 561mg, Fiber 4g.
Test Kitchen Tip: If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection™ Dill Weed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection™ Coriander Seed, coarsely crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection™ Coarse Grind Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection™ Ground Ginger
- 1 pound large sea scallops (about 12)
- 1 large papaya, peeled, seeded and cut into 8 (2x1-inch) pieces
- 1 Fuyu persimmon, cut into 8 wedges or 1 large ripe mango, peeled and cut into 8 (2x1-inch) pieces
- 1 Heat oil in small saucepan on medium-low heat. Add dill weed; cook and stir 1 minute or until fragrant. Cool slightly. Stir in lime juice, agave nectar, coriander seed, sea salt, pepper and ginger until well mixed. Reserve 3 tablespoons oil mixture for serving with the skewers.
- 2 Drizzle remaining oil mixture over scallops and fruit in large bowl. Toss gently to coat well. Cover. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Alternately thread 3 scallops and 2 each papaya and persimmon pieces onto each double skewer.
- 3 Grill over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until scallops are opaque and fruit is lightly browned, turning once. Drizzle skewers with reserved oil mixture to serve.