Enjoy the flavors of herbs, grilled vegetables and goat cheese (chèvre) in this gourmet sandwich. Feel free to substitute other seasonal vegetables for the ones listed.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 4 ounces goat cheese (chèvre), softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Basil Leaves
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Rosemary, Crushed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Sicilian Sea Salt, divided
- 2 baby eggplant, cut lengthwise in 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 medium portobello mushrooms, cut in 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and cut lengthwise in 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 chayote or mirliton squash, cut in 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in 2-inch strips
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Freshly ground McCormick® Gourmet Collection Black Peppercorns, Tellicherry
- 1 loaf Ciabatta bread, split in half horizontally
- 1 cup arugula leaves, rinsed and drained
- 1 Mix goat cheese, milk, basil, rosemary, garlic powder, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon of the sea salt in medium bowl until well blended. Set aside. Lightly brush vegetables with oil. Season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and pepper.
- 2 Grill over medium-high heat 5 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning once. Remove vegetables from grill and keep warm. Grill bread halves 30 seconds per side or until lightly toasted.
- 3 Spread goat cheese mixture evenly over each bread half. Layer 1/2 of the arugula, grilled vegetables and remaining arugula on 1 bread half. Top with second bread half. Cut sandwich into 1 1/2-inch wide sections to serve.
- 4 TIP: Skewer the onion rounds with wooden toothpicks to secure them while turning on the grill. Remove toothpicks after cooking.