These potatoes are easy to make. Crispy on the outside. Soft and delicious on the inside. The perfect side to pair with whatever protein you want! Wondering where the name came from? Some people think it’s a potato variety, but the name Hasselback is taken from the Swedish restaurant where the potatoes were originally cut in a way that made them fan out.
Want to see how it’s done? Check out the video linked here!
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 6-8 garlic cloves, minced
- Thyme, fresh, chopped
- Rosemary, fresh, chopped
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Pepper, as needed
- 2 Russet potatoes
- 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2 Melt butter and add in garlic, thyme and rosemary, set aside.
- 3 For the potatoes, using chopsticks as a base, thinly slice down to the stick. Arrange in a baking dish and pour butter mixture over the potatoes.
- 4 Season generously with kosher salt and black pepper.
- 5 Bake 45 minutes, or until nicely browned.