This decadently delicious Mac ‘N’ Cheese is covered in a Mornay Sauce made with four types of cheese, hot sauce, Dijon mustard, and a delicious blend of spices. The perfect way to step up your basketball watch-party!
Recipe created by award-winning Chef John Kunkel.
And don’t miss these other great recipes from Chef Kunkel:
For the Mornay Sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 ounces white cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Dijon mustard, to taste
- Kosher salt, to taste
For the Pasta and Assembly
- 6 ounces torchio pasta
- 6 ounces Mornay Sauce
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- 2 Prepare the mornay sauce: melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; add the flour, whisking constantly. When the butter and flour is blended completely, add the milk, whisking rapidly. Continue whisking until the mixture is thickened. Add in the four cheeses and stir over low heat until the cheese melts; remove from heat. Add the paprika and season with some salt, hot sauce and dijon mustard.
- 3 Meanwhile, cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente; drain.
- 4 Toss the pasta in the mornay sauce over medium heat until well coated. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over top and place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- 5 Remove from the oven and let cool slightly; sprinkle with the chives and breadcrumbs before serving.