This mouthwateringly moist cake is filled with a delicious combination of toasted pecans, dried cranberries, and chocolate chips surrounded by a decadent honey coffee cake.
The best part? This Honey Pecan Swirled Coffee Cake is Kosher, so it’s perfect for Passover season!
Recipe and image courtesy of the National Honey Board™.
- 1 1/4 cups honey, divided
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (3 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup matzo meal
- 6 tablespoons potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 In medium bowl, mix together 1/2 cup honey, pecans, cranberries, chocolate chips and cocoa powder.
- 2 In separate bowl, combine remaining 3/4 cup honey, egg yolks, matzo meal, potato starch and salt. In small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold 1/4 of whites into egg yolk mixture. Mix egg yolk mixture back into remaining egg whites.
- 3 Spread 1/3 of batter in greased 9-inch springform pan. Spoon half of pecan mixture on top. Repeat with remaining batter and pecan mixture. With spoon, gently swirl filling into batter.
- 4 Bake at 325°F for 45 minutes, or until cake starts to pull from sides of pan and toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove cake from pan and cool on wire rack. serve warm or at room temperature.
- 1 Strictly kosher kitchens should be sure to use certified kosher for Passover products.