Hot Spiced Cider with Calvados Recipe. Enjoy this soothing cool-weather drink in front of a roaring fire along with a selection of butter cookies and a bowl of fresh oranges. For a festive touch, garnish each mug with a cinnamon stick and a few whole cloves.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma.com
- 6 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 30 whole cloves
- 8 slices crystallized ginger, each about 1 inch in diameter
- 3/4 cup Calvados or other apple brandy
- 1 In a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the cider, cinnamon sticks, cloves and crystallized ginger. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover partially and simmer gently for 30 minutes to blend the flavors.
- 2 Ladle the cider into warmed mugs or cups, adding some of the spices to each serving. Stir 2 tablespoons Calvados into each mug and serve immediately. Serves 6.