This pie is smooth, creamy and will melt in your mouth. The hint of coffee and Irish whiskey adds a different, exciting flavor.
Recipe courtesy of Kraft Foods
Calories: 230, Total fat: 12 g, Saturated fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 15 mg, Sodium: 160 mg, Carbohydrate: 28 g, Dietary fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 19 g, Protein: 4 g, Vitamin A : 4 %DV, Vitamin C: 0 %DV, Calcium: 4 %DV, Iron: 6 %DV
- 2 envelopes KNOX Unflavored Gelatin
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons MAXWELL HOUSE Instant Coffee
- 2 teaspoons Irish whiskey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint (2 cups) coffee ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 1 OREO Pie Crust (6 ounces)
- 1 SPRINKLE gelatin over cold water in small saucepan; let stand 1 minute.
- 2 Cook on low heat 5 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved, stirring constantly.
- 3 Add sugar and coffee granules; stir until dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in whiskey and vanilla.
- 4 PLACE ice cream in blender or food processor container; cover. Blend until smooth. With blender running, gradually add gelatine mixture through the feed cap, blending well.
- 5 Pour into large bowl; let stand 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from spoon. Gently stir in the whipped topping.
- 6 SPOON into crust. Refrigerate several hours or until firm. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.
- 7 Top off your St. Patrick's Day celebration with a serving of this delicious pie!