This Italian Florentine Pasta is made with tender chicken thighs, a creamy spinach-Parmesan sauce, and penne pasta.
From start to finish, it only takes 20 minutes to create the delicious weeknight meal, which is why we chose it to be part of our Five Quick and Easy Weeknight Dinner Ideas; simply click and enjoy to see more ideas!
This recipe is courtesy of Terra’s Kitchen.
- Chef's knife
- Large nonstick skillet
- Medium saucepan
- Mixing spoon
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Kosher salt or flake sea salt
- Olive oil
- Chicken thighs
- Diced onion
- Heavy cream
- Minced garlic
- Penne pasta
- 1 Cook pasta: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add water and 2 teaspoons salt. Bring to a boil. Stir in penne and boil, stirring occasionally, until al dente (about 10 minutes). Drain pasta. Set aside to keep warm
- 2 Cook chicken: Cut chicken into 1-inchpieces. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon each saltand pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Sauté 6 to 8 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet
- 3 Make pasta sauce: Add onion to drippings in skillet. Sauté 4 minutes. Add garlic. Stir in spinach and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook 2 minutes or until wilted. Stir in cream. Simmer 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened
- 4 Finish pasta: Return chicken to sauce. Stir in pasta and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- 5 To Serve: Divide pasta evenly between two serving plates