The head chefs from the NFL Experience Times Square bring for your consideration, this salute to NFL playoff contenders the Jacksonville Jaguars with this recipe for Teriyaki Chicken Skewers.
For the other recipes in this series:
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, free-range skinless, chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- As needed sesame seeds for garnish
- As needed sliced green onions for garnish
- 1 In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; set aside.
- 2 In a small saucepan over medium heat, add soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic powder, honey and 1 cup water; bring to a simmer. Stir in cornstarch mixture until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 2 minutes; let cool to room temperature.
- 3 In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine teriyaki marinade and chicken; marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
- 4 Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- 5 Thread chicken onto skewers. Add skewers to the grill andcook until golden brown and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- 6 Serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds and green onion, if desired.