Put some hot-and-spicy pepper flavor in your next batch of brownies with Rio Luna™ Diced Jalapeños. We recently tried these USDA certified organic peppers as one of our Food Channel Finds.
The jalapeño flavor really comes through, and since the peppers are puréed, if you want to balance and elevate the chocolate flavor more, simply drop the quantity on the peppers by a tablespoon or so.
Typically, if we’re going to punch up the chocolate flavor, we’ll add some chocolate syrup, but with the puréed peppers, the consistency would be too soft. So adjust the pepper quantity to your individual taste preferences.
And have fun practicing!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (4 ounces) Rio Luna Organic Diced Jalapeños, puréed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- As needed powdered sugar for dusting the finished brownies (optional)
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2 Whisk oil, sugar, eggs, jalapeños and vanilla in medium bowl until blended.
- 3 Combine remaining ingredients in separate bowl; add to egg mixture. Mix just until combined. Pour into greased 8x8-inch baking pan.
- 4 Bake 15-20 minutes or until brownies pull away from sides of pan. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- 5 Dust with powdered sugar, if desired, cut and serve.