These light and fluffy crab cakes will surprise you with a bit of a bite. But not to worry, it won’t hurt! They will become your favorite!
This is a recipe from Chat ‘n Dish show host, KC Quaretti. View episodes of the show now on The Food Channel.
- 8 ounces crab meat
- 4 ounces whipped cream cheese with chives
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs) ½ cup for crab cakes and ½ cup for coating
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 3/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil for frying crab cakes
- 1 Combine crab meat, cream cheese, ½ cup panko, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, horseradish and lemon rind and set aside.
- 2 Beat egg whites until foamy.
- 3 Add cream of tartar.
- 4 Beat until stiff peaks form.
- 5 Gently combine beaten egg whiles with crab mixture 1/3 at a time.
- 6 On a plate, combine ½ cup panko with 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan.
- 7 Form 6 crab cakes about ½-inch thick and coat with the panko and Parmesan.
- 8 Heat olive oil in large frying pan.
- 9 Sauté crab cakes 3-4 minutes per side on medium until brown and cooked through.