Ready to kick-off grilling season with a one-of-a-kind dish that will have your cookout guests asking for more? Lemon-Garlic Pasta with Grilled Veggies to the rescue!
Grill chicken, asparagus, and romaine lettuce, and toss with pasta and a summery sauce. This Lemon-Garlic Pasta can be served warm or cold!
This recipe is courtesy of Pasta Fits.
- 4 ounces ziti
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, for brushing
- 1 (6 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 8 ounces romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
- 8 ounces (1/2 bunch) asparagus, trimmed or tough stems
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Cook the ziti according to package directions. Drain and reserve.
- 2 Heat an outdoor grill or grill pan over high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and a little of the oil. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 3 – 4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Reserve.
- 3 Brush the romaine and the asparagus with the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the romaine and asparagus on the grill. The romaine will start to char on the outside, turn to allow all sides to get a little char, about 3 minutes total. Remove from the grill and reserve.
- 4 The asparagus will turn bright green and have grill marks when it’s ready, also about 3 minutes. Remove from grill and reserve. When the chicken, romaine and asparagus are cool enough to handle, chop the chicken into bite-sized chunks, roughly chop the romaine, and slice the asparagus into 2” pieces. Reserve.
- 5 In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic. Place the chicken, romaine, asparagus and ziti in a bowl and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.