Lemon Rosemary Asiago Butter is an easy-to-prepare compound butter featuring Plugra® European Style butter seasoned with fresh grated lemon zest, aromatic rosemary and rich Asiago cheese. It’s delicious paired with grilled chicken, fish or shrimp, tucked under the skin of roast chicken, with roasted, steamed or grilled vegetables, or served as a spread for grilled flatbread. We show you all the choices in our beautiful photos. Don’t pick just one!
See how to make a Flatbread Appetizer using this compound butter spread in our :90 Seconds in the Kitchen series with Chef Cari.
Makes 1 cup.
- 8 oz. Plugrá® European Style Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, fine chopped
- 1 tablespoon shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 In a bowl, combine Plugrá® European Style Unsalted Butter, lemon zest, rosemary, Asiago cheese, lemon pepper and salt; mash with a fork until well blended.
- 2 Taste and adjust seasonings.
- 3 Portion into a ramekin and serve at room temperature for spreading.
- 4 To make the flatbread, spread butter generously over flatbread, add toppings of your choice, and broil until toppings are cooked.
- 5 To make ahead and serve sliced into coins (over chicken, shrimp, steak): Portion butter in the center of a sheet of parchment paper (or wax paper or film wrap), fold paper over butter and roll into a cylinder shape.
- 6 Twist ends tight and refrigerate until firm.
- 7 To serve: slice into 1/4-inch thick “coins” and serve paired with warm food.