Lemon Thins are a nice light cookie during the holidays or any time of year.
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 Cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened (I used unsalted)
- 2/3 Cup flour
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 ° F.
- 2 In a bowl beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla for 3-4 minutes or until the mixture forms a ribbon when the beater is lifted. Keep beating and add the lemon rind.
- 3 In a separate bowl beat the butter until it is light and fluffy.
- 4 Add the butter to the egg mixture alternating with the flour.
- 5 Drop the batter by teaspoons about 2-1/2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets. Flatten the mounds into 2 inch rounds with a spoon dipped in water.
- 6 Bake the cookies for about 5 minutes, or until the edges are browned.
- 7 Allow to cook on the sheets for 1 minute then cool them completely on a rack. Makes about 48 cookies.