A four-ingredient glaze adds savory flavor to roast turkey.
Recipe courtesy of Butterball
*Follow cooking times according to package directions; times vary by size of turkey
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup maple-flavor syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Butterball® Turkey (12 to 14 pounds), thawed if frozen
- 1 Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2 Combine first four ingredients together. Set aside.
- 3 Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of turkey; refrigerate for another use ordiscard. Drain juices from turkey; pat dry with paper towels. Turn wings back to hold neck skin in place.Return legs to the tucked position, if untucked. Place turkey, breast side up, on flat rack in shallowroasting pan.
- 4 Roast turkey 2 hours*. Brush with 1/4 cup of the glaze. Loosely cover breast and tops of drumstickswith aluminum foil to prevent breast from overcooking and glaze from darkening too much. Brush withadditional 1/4 cup of the glaze after 30 minutes.
- 5 Continue roasting turkey about 1 hour, or until meat thermometer reaches 180°F when inserted inthickest part of thigh. Remove turkey from oven. Brush with remaining glaze.
- 6 Let turkey stand 15 minutes before carving.