Add full fabulous flavor to an itty-bitty burger by using phenomenal meat for these March Madness Monster Sliders.
Special days call for special snacks, like these super-special sliders made from the most superior of meats!
- 1 lb. ground prime sourced bison or beef
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 6 ounces aged cheddar cheese, sliced
- 12 mini pretzel rolls
- Leafy lettuce
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Red onion, sliced and grilled
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 Preheat a grill or grill pan to 400 degrees. In a saucepan, combine heavy cream, garlic, rosemary, and paprika. Bring to a boil then simmer until reduced by half. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 2 Divide meat into 12 mounds, sprinkle with pepper then gently shape into burgers. Drizzle burgers with oil then place on preheated grill.
- 3 Slice red onion, drizzle with oil then place next to burgers on the grill. Cook for 3 minutes then turn burgers and onions over with tongs.
- 4 Place 1/2 ounce of aged cheddar on top of each burger then place buns, face down, on an open section of the grill to toast slightly, for about 2 minutes.
- 5 Remove buns from grill and place on a platter. Top each bottom with a small spoonful of the sauce then place a leaf of lettuce and slices of tomato.
- 6 Top with a burger, cheese side up, followed by some grilled onion then crown with more sauce, if desired and the top of a pretzel bun.