This delicious healthy recipe brings the flavors of the Mediterranean to your home. Canned, diced tomatoes are a great time saver for weeknight meals. Coming in at just over 200 calories per serving, this is a smart choice for Lent or any time of the year.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 201, Fat: 9 g, Carbohydrates: 5 g, Cholesterol: 37 mg, Sodium: 477 mg, Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 25 g.
- 1 1/2 pounds firm white fish fillets, such halibut, striped bass or orange roughy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata, green or black olives, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Basil Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat baking dish with no stick cooking spray. Place fish in single layer in baking dish. Lightly salt and pepper the fish. Bake 12 minutes. If fish is over 1-inch thick, increase cooking time to 15 minutes.
- 2 Meanwhile, heat oil in medium saucepan on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Add tomatoes, olives, wine, basil, garlic and thyme. Simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes.
- 3 Remove fish from oven. Spoon sauce over fish. Return to oven; bake 5 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately.